The goal of the Information Technology (IT) Department is to provide business value, through collaboration and participation with each department within the City of Elizabeth City, by leveraging the right technology to enable cost-effective, timely and high quality delivery of services to the City of Elizabeth City.
For the City of Elizabeth City to be recognized as an innovative, value-driven, customer-focused, effective information technology service provider. The City of Elizabeth City is committed to leveraging technology to improve and expand city-centric programs and services. In addition, the City of Elizabeth City aims to expand public access to technology across the city and is pursuing other digital excellence technology initiatives that encourage residents, businesses and the community to participate in city driven technology efforts.
The department is responsible for helping all departments acquire new software and hardware products, as well as maintaining current software and hardware resources. The department acts as the primary contact for any and all IT problem resolution.
- Responsible for telecommunications connections, as well as the maintenance involved with keeping the telecommunications system updated and working properly
- Facilitates the installation, maintenance and repair of all computer hardware/software/peripherals, and networks
- Designs/reviews information systems for all new construction efforts and renovation projects
- Creates, or assists with creation of, data and distribution methods for public use
- Purchases all telephone systems and equipment and computer software/hardware/peripherals for all city departments
- Assists departments with all technology issues