Regular Session Agenda
City of Elizabeth City Council
Monday, July 11, 2016 ~ 7:00 p.m.
City Council Chambers – 306 E. Colonial Avenue
1. Call Meeting to Order
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Agenda Adjustments and Approval
5. Statement of Disclosure (To be read by City Clerk)
6. Comments from the Public:
7. Consent Agenda: (City Manager Recommends Approval of all Items)
(Note: Items “a” through “d” recommended for approval by the Finance Committee during their meeting of July 7, 2016.)
a. Consideration – Authorization to submit application to the American Police and Sheriffs Association to receive a donation for five Tasers to be used by Elizabeth City Police Department Officers;
b. Consideration – Authorization to accept donation from Paths of Pasquotank to purchase two benches and three trash receptacles for the walking/biking trail along Halstead Boulevard;
c. Consideration – Award of Bid for water and sewer main replacement on Road Street between Grice Street and Elizabeth Street to RPC Contracting in the amount of $974,630.90 and authorize the City Manager to execute the construction contract with RPC;
d. Consideration – Call for a Public Hearing to obtain citizen input on possible applications to the NC Department of Commerce Small Cities Community Development Block Grant Infrastructure Program for City water and sewer projects, said hearing to be held on August 8, 2016 at 7:30 p.m. (or as soon thereafter as the agenda allows) in Council Chambers of the Municipal Administration Building, 306 E. Colonial Avenue;
e. Consideration – Call for a Public Hearing regarding the City’s CAMA Access Grant Application for the Griffin Shipyard Property, said hearing to be held on August 8, 2016 at 7:30 p.m. (or as soon thereafter as the agenda allows) in Council Chambers of the Municipal Administration Building, 306 E. Colonial Avenue;
f. Consideration – Adoption of Ordinance declaring street closings involving state roadways within the City’s limits for the 2016 National Night Out event;
g. Consideration – Approval/Adoption of the following documents required for CDBG Grant Funding:
1. Fair Housing Plan
2. Language Access Plan
3. Analysis of Impediments
4. Citizen Participation Plan
5. Citizen Complaint Procedure
6. Residential Anti-Displacement & Relocation Assistance Plan
7. Section 504 Compliance Self-Evaluation Survey
h. Consideration – Approval of request submitted by Sharon Riddick to transfer her one taxicab franchise to Bobby C. Riddick; and direct staff to complete the transfer process as outlined in the City Code.
8. Public Hearing (to begin at 7:30 p.m.)
a. Hold a Public Hearing to receive comment on the adoption of an ordinance ordering adoption and publishing of the City’s new Code of Ordinances.
9. Regular Agenda:
a. Consideration – Reappointment of Deborah Lynn Regel to serve an additional two-year term on the Joint Animal Control Board to expire June 25, 2018. (Requires Motion and Roll Call vote).
b. Consideration – Appointments to Senior Citizens Advisory Committee
1. Appointment of Mary E. Walker to serve a three-year term on the Senior Citizen Advisory Committee to expire June 30, 2019 (Requires Motion and Roll Call vote);
2. Reappointment of Donna O. Hassell to serve an additional two year term on the Senior Citizen Advisory Committee to expire June 30, 2018. (Requires Motion and Roll Call vote).
c. Consideration – Program Guidelines for Leadership Institute
d. Discussion/Consideration – Citizen Satisfaction Survey
e. Update/Discussion – Departmental Staffing Levels
f. Consideration – Policy with regard to Nepotism in Hiring
g. Consideration - Internship Program Policy
h. Discussion/Consideration – Flow Charts for Voluntary Contiguous Annexation, Rezoning and Text Amendment Processes
i. Consideration – Modifications to Weatherization Program with Regard to Price Per Square Footage and Allowance for Foam Insulation
10. Comments and Inquiries on Non-Agenda Items:
11. Closed Session as allowed by NCGS §143-318.11(a)(3) Consultation with City Attorney.